Thank you so much to Katie over at Never Not Reading for the nomination! I appreciate it so so much! ❤
ABOUT THE AWARD
The Versatile Blogger Award is a way of bringing recognition to bloggers who create versatile, inspirational, and enjoyable content. When nominating a blogger, you put into consideration the effort they put into the writing and the uniqueness of the subjects covered.
RULES OF THE AWARD
- If you are nominated, you have been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Include a shout-out to the blogger who nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10-15 blogs/bloggers that you have recently discovered or follow regularly for the Versatile Blogger award.
1. I love music. I love all types of it! I listen to a lot of Panic! At the Disco lately, but I have a pretty eclectic taste. My parents exposed me to all different music types when I was a kid and it stuck with me. As I’m writing this, I’m listening to Selena Quintanilla Perez. (If you’re unfamiliar with her, check her out. She was, unfortunately, killed in 1995. But her music lives on. In 1997, Jennifer Lopez did a movie about her. A talent that was taken way too soon–she was only 24 when she died. But her story and her music is so good!)
I think the only genre of music I don’t really like is polka, haha! But I definitely listen to a lot of different things.
2. I love representation. I am biracial; I was adopted and I know my biological mother was white, but I know nothing of my father. However, it is blatantly obvious that I’m mixed. So for me to see other women who look like me succeeding in different fields, be it music or publishing; it inspires me.
3. I hate most Christmas movies. Cannot stand them. Hallmark movies have destroyed them for me, honestly. They start airing them in October, for heaven’s sake! And they air them for two weeks in July too. (I know this because my mother is watching them. -_-) The plots are all the same and I just loathe them. Ugh. At Christmas, I like the Peanuts special, the Rockefeller Tree lighting, the little specials from when I was a kid–Rudolph, Frosty, etc. Beyond that, miss me with Christmas movies.
4. Sunflowers are my favorite flowers. I find it impossible to look at them and not feel some sense of joy. It’s my goal, actually, to get a poster of Van Gogh’s Sunflowers for my wall. 🙂 I like to smile. If a poster can inspire one, why not? 🙂 I don’t remember precisely when I got into Van Gogh; I know I was young and in high school. My tastes always ran a bit left of center than that of my peers and friends. But it made my art teachers happy.
5. I adore art! I can’t draw, sculpt or any of that to save my life. I really can’t. But I can appreciate it and I do. As stated above, Van Gogh is one of my favorite artists. There is a great deal of ugliness in the world and I find that art, along with books, is a saving grace from it all. This is a clip from Doctor Who, that always makes me cry. In a good way. Enjoy that. 🙂
Some of my other favorites are Michaelangelo, Leonardo, Frida Kahlo, Modigliani, Mary Cassatt, Toulouse-Lautrec…etc.
6. I am me! I’m quirky and I know it; I don’t care if people don’t like it. I’m 32…almost 33. I’m tired of trying to fit into lines that I will quite literally never fit into. I am who I am. The song ‘This Is Me’ from The Greatest Showman has become my theme song. I absolutely love it.
7. I think it’s rude… when people ask me when I’m going to have kids. Drives me nuts. I don’t even have a boyfriend. I know they mean well. But I don’t want children of my own. I like kids. I have no issue getting right down and playing with them. I had an absolute ball when I visited one of my long-time friends and got to spend time with her and her family. (Shoutout to my little pals A and C! ❤ Not posting their names cause they’re tender age kids.) I’m happy to be a presence in their lives, but as to having kids of my own, that’s always going to be a ‘no’.