Thank you so much to Mani at Mani’s Book Corner for the nomination!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Mani asked me….
1. Do you lend out your books?
Rarely. If I lend you a book, you have to be someone I know well and someone who I know takes care of things.
2. Do you write in your books?
I used to write my name in my books and date when I got them. I don’t do that anymore because as my mother says, “Everyone knows they’re yours, Clarissa.”
3. What is the one book you will always recommend to everyone?
I always recommend Little Women, but if we’re going with more contemporary reads, Harry Potter, lol.
4. Can you read on the bus/in the car?
I can! And I like to read with my headphones on and some sort of music playing. Lately, it’s been Panic! At The Disco.
5. What makes you love a book?
When it makes me forget where I am. If it can bring me into that world and make me forget everything else, I’m in love.
6. How often do you agree with the critics about a book?
I don’t read a lot of reviews prior to a release, ironically. It’s not a slight to them, I just like to form my own opinions. After I read whatever it is, then I look at reviews and I find that it’s hit or miss.
7. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
Some might say I enjoy doing so because I seem to take a bit of glee in being so brutally honest, lol. I don’t enjoy it–especially if I was excited for the book. No, I take that back. My sarcasm comes out especially well when I am being brutal.
8. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?
French. I just love the language.
9. What’s the longest you’ve gone without reading?
10. Favourite film adaptation of a book?
I love the Harry Potter movies. (Except for the third film, I just didn’t enjoy that.) Gone With The Wind, Little Women (with Winona Ryder), I love Forrest Gump too, the book was terrible, but the movie was so good. (Then again, I love Tom Hanks.)
11. Which book character strongly resembles your personality
I always say it’s a tie between Scarlett O’Hara and Jo March. But I think it could be Lou from Me Before You too!
- What is your favorite movie?
- If you could fancast your favorite book, which would it be and who would you pick?
- If you could jump into one of your books, which one?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What is your biggest pet peeve in books?
- Do you lend your books out to people?
- What do you like to do beyond reading?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Do you listen to music when you’re reading?
- You’ve just won the lottery. What is the first thing you’re going to do with the money?
- What is one random fact about you?
Shalini’s Books & Reviews
lilajune’s book saloon
Bree @ In Love & Words
Jill’s Book Blog
Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books
Ashley @ Book Tales
Sarah @ Murder by Tomes
Alyssa – alovelybookaffair
Elaine Howlin – Literary Blog
Whit @ Whit Reads Lit