I thought this would be a fun theme this week. I am sorry for my relative silence as of late; I’ve been distracted and trying to sort my head out. I hope this helps me somewhat and as always, I hope you guys like what I’ve written. Let me know your picks below!
1. Harry Potter. It should have been obvious that this would be my first choice. And yes, I consider them all as one. I would really be heartbroken if anything happened to them.
2. Beauty and the Beast related books. BatB is my favorite movie. It has been since I was five. I have the original story and a few other books that are retellings. Lost In A Book in particular, I really loved that one.
3. Little Women. I just upgraded to a hardcover this year. My paperback was falling apart completely and I decided to upgrade. It’s a well loved story and whistle I could replace it, I don’t want to.
4. Gone With The Wind. I need to upgrade to a hardcover, this one is falling apart too. It’s a book that got me through some trying times, some boring times, etc. Its another favorite.
5. Miss Peregrine’s boxed set. It’s a delightful series, different from my usual reads. It’s, well, peculiar. And I would be sad to lose them. (Especially since they’re hardcover and I got them on sale! Hardcovers are expensive, OK? Lol)
6. The Diary of Anne Frank. We had to read it in school and well, I still have my copy. It’s a bit beat up but I don’t honestly mind, given that it’s a story I think everyone should read.
7. The Great Gatsby. I read it for a Lit class I took. One of few college courses I took and I just got lost in the tale. Simply put? I love the story, old sport!
8. My autographed editions. I don’t have many but I would beside myself if I lost any.
9. Game of Thrones. Still waiting for the next season and the next book…may as well reread the series until one or the other comes out.
10. Stalking Jack the Ripper series. I think these are the books that made me realize, “hey, YA has come a long way!” and I am grateful for that because I was missing out.
Of course, if this was a natural disaster that happened in the blink of an eye, I would regretfully leave them behind because ultimately, they are replaceable. Whatever I like to think. It would be first and foremost
to get to safety with my parents and my dog, Tess. There’s a pic of her, my wee Beastie. (She’s the Queen in My House, don’t let me fool you, lol.)
Anywho! Enjoy your Tuesday and I hope this gets me out of my slump! If you have any book tags…help me out? Lol, be good! xx